@citybonfires DIY Concrete Pumpkin Fire Pit 1. Measure + pour concrete in bucket 2. Add water and mix throughly 3. Pour concrete into pumpkin mold 4. Let cure overnight 4. Remove mold 5. Light City Bonfire and enjoy! You can add dye and glitter to add color to the concrete - we used black concrete dye and orange glitter! #fyp #halloween #diyproject #firepit #viralvideo #firepitproject #halloweendiy ♬ Special Halloween - Pasrah Instrumental
Creating a concrete pumpkin fire pit with an orange plastic Halloween pumpkin is a fun and creative DIY project. Here are some simple instructions to guide you through the process:
Materials You'll Need:
- An orange plastic Halloween pumpkin (make sure it's flame-resistant).
- Quick-setting concrete mix.
- A mixing container.
- A stir stick.
- Cooking spray or petroleum jelly.
- A plastic or disposable bowl (for shaping the fire pit).
- A plastic sheet or garbage bag (to protect your work surface).
- A small fireproof dish or bowl (for the actual fire).
- Safety goggles and gloves.
- A lighter or matches.
- Sand or gravel (optional).
Instructions:Prepare Your Work Area:
- Lay down a plastic sheet or a garbage bag to protect your work surface.
- Put on safety goggles and gloves for protection.
- Clean the plastic pumpkin inside and out to remove any dirt or debris.
- If the pumpkin has a removable lid, take it off.
- Read and follow the instructions on the concrete mix package to determine the water-to-concrete ratio.
- In a mixing container, combine the concrete mix and water according to the instructions. Stir until you have a smooth, thick consistency.
- Spray the inside of the plastic pumpkin with cooking spray or rub it with petroleum jelly. This will make it easier to remove the concrete later.
- Pour the prepared concrete mix into the plastic pumpkin. Fill it about halfway to create a sturdy base.
- Tap the pumpkin gently on your work surface to remove air bubbles and help the concrete settle.
- Place a smaller plastic or disposable bowl (upside down) in the center of the concrete-filled pumpkin. This will create an opening for the fire.
- Press the bowl down until it's level with the top of the pumpkin and centered.
- Continue filling the plastic pumpkin with concrete until it reaches the top. Make sure the smaller bowl in the center is fully surrounded by concrete.
- Use a wet cloth or sponge to smooth the surface of the concrete and create a neat finish.
- Allow the concrete to set and cure according to the instructions on the concrete mix package. This typically takes a few hours.
- Once the concrete is fully cured, gently remove the plastic pumpkin mold. It should easily come away from the concrete.
- Place a small, fireproof dish or bowl inside the opening you created in the concrete. This is where you'll safely build your fire.
- If desired, you can add a layer of sand or gravel to the bottom of the concrete fire pit for better heat distribution.
- Place some firewood or a fire starter in the fireproof bowl.
- Light your fire using a lighter or matches, and enjoy your concrete pumpkin fire pit!
Remember to always exercise caution when using an open flame, and keep a fire extinguisher or water source nearby for safety. Enjoy your unique and festive Halloween-themed fire pit!