Boozy Mexican S'mores Hot Chocolate Recipe
Photo & Video by Suerte Tequila
It's getting cold outside, and the holidays are almost here. But it's also one of our favorite times of the year – hot chocolate season! Our new Portable Camp Stove / Stand Combo is the perfect outdoor cooking tool to make hot chocolate and cook with on your deck/patio/balcony, backyard, campground, beach, and almost anywhere you travel. So, we created a special boozy/spiked hot chocolate drink recipe to celebrate the season, including ingredients from two other notable American companies, McCormick & Company, Inc. and Suerte Tequila.
This Spiked Mexican S'mores Flavored Hot Chocolate with Tequila drink will knock everyone's socks off while creating a unique activity and holiday memories to last a lifetime. And it uses our new camp stove!
Spiked Mexican S'mores Hot Chocolate Recipe
INGREDIENTS & SUPPLIES
- 3 Cups Milk
- 1 and 1/2 bars Mexican Chocolate (broken into chunks)
- 6 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- ½ Cup Whipped Cream (optional)
- ⅛ - ¼ Tsp. Cayenne Pepper (start with 1/8 tsp and season to taste)
- McCormick Flavor Inspirations S’mores Seasoning for Garnish (season to taste)
- 4 Oz. Tequila (we like any Suerte Tequila)
- 1 City Bonfires Portable Camp Stove / Stand Combo
- 1 City Bonfires Original Portable Fire Pit
- 1 Saucepan or pot that is 4 to 10 inches in diameter
- 1 Whisk or spoon (for stirring)
- 1 Torch or Candlestick Lighter
- Set up your City Bonfires Camp Stove and Original Portable Mini Fire pit according to the instructions.
- Place a saucepan or pot securely on the camp stove.
- Warm the milk, watching carefully.
- Add the Mexican chocolate, the cocoa powder, and the sugar.
- Heat until the chocolate dissolves, whisking to combine all ingredients.
- Season with the cayenne pepper. Start with 1/8 teaspoon and season to your taste.
- Pour the hot chocolate milk into 2 large mugs (like our Camper Mugs) and add 2 oz. of tequila to each mug.
- Top with whipped cream if you like
- Sprinkle with McCormick Flavor Inspirations S’mores Seasoning, to taste.
- Close the lid on the City Bonfire to extinguish it, if you are done using it.
Want more fun recipes using our City Bonfires portable campfire tins? Check out our blog.
You can also follow us on Pinterest (to save our recipe pins) and follow us @citybonfires on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to see the creative ways our fans use City Bonfires products.